Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Resolutions

Golly a new year.... what is this year going to bring?  Hopefully more blog posts than last year that is for sure!  Let's hope my life in Utah is interesting enough to be writing about, fingers crossed.


But I do have a feeling, 2013 is going to be a good one for me.  My life is going to have direction!  Yes.  I am determined that it begins to take form.  No more of this crazy mumbo-jumbo of a life that is spontaneous and directionless.  However, it was fun and worth writing about.

This year, I am going to:
1- Find a career.  That's right, a CAREER.
2- Find a boyfriend.  No New Years kiss for me this time, but not next year.  No, no.  I am determined to make it a good year of fortune in the relationship department.
3- Run a half marathon.  I loved my first race and it is time to do it again!  Gonna strap on those running shoes again.  I wonder if I can get one more race out of my shoes?
4- Study the gospel by topic rather than reading through by chapter.  I think I can get more out of my study if it is something I want to learn about.  To begin: faith, temple covenants, and prayer.
5- Travel business up and running with $5,000 in revenue by the end of the year.





In review of 2012 resolutions:
1- Read 12 books  Not a chance.  I think I read two - John Adams and most of Anne of Green Gables
2- Read Book of Mormon.  Not a chance either.  I made it to 2 Nephi 17.  That sucks.
3- Respond to emails withing 48 hrs and texts within 4 hrs. Yes.  I did, for the most part.  I get frustrated when people don't respond to me so I made a huge effort to respond to them.  I hope this will continue and form a habit.
4-  Aerobic instructor.  This has been on the list for FIVE bloody years and I can finally say DONE!!  Even though I am only teaching two classes and haven't been fully certified, at least I can cross it off the New Years Resolution list!
5- Hike highlights of the New England Appalachian Trail.  Only got a couple of hikes in this year and one, maybe two, were actually part of the AT.
6- Become a travel agent.  Yes, well mostly.  I've done all the prep work and now I'm finalizing it all.  Good enough to check it off the list.
7- Write Grandma Stuart's personal history.  In the works, serious works.  Will be done by this year though!  Really incredible experience to learn more about my grandma and how I became so quirky.
8- Family history.  Yes, in the form of a book about Grandma Stuart.
9- Pursue and do the things I want. Well yes.  I quit my job to work on other goals, that takes some guts.  I am a bit more forward with boys when I am interested in them.  I do things that make me happy.

For the most part, I will say I did pretty well.  Though lots of things didn't get done properly or all the way but I can say that I am pleased with my efforts.

Now onto a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment