Thursday, January 31, 2013

Home-Cooked Meals are the Best (stories to tell)

Tonight I made dinner.  Beef stroganoff over noodles.  Yum!... well not exactly.

I found a great recipe online that was pretty easy to follow with normal ingredients, except for white wine.  I do not carry white wine in the house so I searched the internet for a substitute.  And I found that there are actually lots of substitutes, cider vinegar being one of them.  "Perfect!  I've got vinegar, done."  Instead of 1/3 cup of white wine, I replaced it with a 1/3 cup of cider vinegar.  And it made all the difference - from being delicious to disgusting.  Dad was a troupper and said it tasted fine.  Lies.


Good thing the cookies I made for dessert turned out alright because I ended up eating them for dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment