Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Berkshires = Spontaneous Weekend

Holy moly... what a fun and spontaneous weekend I've just had.

Original plans for a beach day in the Cape fell through, but for the better it turned out.  Instead I met up with Kristin and Kalli for a fun-filled weekend in the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts.  We really flew by the seat of our pants, took one hour at a time.

Late Friday night I packed up my car with a sleeping bag, clothes for any kind of activity, and all the non-parishable foods from my cupboards (granola bars, cereal, and dry milk) and headed out of the city.

In summary we went window shopping, had many picnics, hiking in the Taconic Mountains in NY, dinner at Friendly's (which didn't turn out to be so friendly), visited the Norman Rockwell art museum, watched fireworks in CT, several hour conversation with new friends from church, and sleeping in cars in a random church parking lot.  What a blast.



????

Kalli eating a pea pod filled with salsa.  We were creative with our food.

Splash, Splish I was taking a bath...
Bash Bish Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment