Monday, September 2, 2013

Wolcott Family Letter

Hey All Y'All,

Today was my FIRST day teaching step aerobics. Yipee. Unfortunately it didn't go as well as I had hoped. Ugh. But the only way to get better is to keep teaching and to keep practicing. So I listen to the same 12 songs over and over again until I get it right. Poor Aaron has all of my music memorized.

I don't feel too bad though because I get it from him too; I listen to him recite helicopter emergency procedures over and over again. For example, this is what I am listening to right now, "To avoid stress in the structure however this restriction in no way limits normal control application... three indications of loss of tail rotor; one, pedals input no longer has effect on trim; two, nose of helicopter will turn to the right; three, there will be a left yaw...execute the touch down with rapid collective pull prior to touchdown with level attitude with minimum ground run." Yup, this is our life.

But there is some cool news - Aaron is FLYING! He has a 7.7 flight hours already. He says it is a lot harder than he thought it would be. I think he has hit a wall, now he has to WORK to keep up with the demands of flight school. The poor guy. But I am so proud of him!

We still have no furniture in our house (that is, besides the table and dining chairs and Grandma Tolman's orange chair). We set up two camping chairs + the orange chair to make up our "three cushion sofa", we use boxes as end tables, and all of our pictures are still sitting on the floor in the general area of where they will eventually be hung up once there is a piece of furniture underneath of it. But alas, we are still shopping for furniture. I got the comment this week, "It is taking Amy longer to choose a couch than to choose a husband." Haha!!

We did make a headboard for our bed though and it looks AMAZING! I can hardly wait until we get it attached to the bed after the sanding and finish are applied.

Hum, what else? Not much. We are doing well. Happy to be here together. Happy that we took the six-hour-round-trip to the temple in Birmingham, AL this weekend. Happy that the weather is finally cooling off. Happy to have good friends in the ward. And happy to have a great family.

Hope all is well with y'all! Have a blessed day (I'm picking up on the lingo 'round 'ere).
 
Amy (and Aaron)

No comments:

Post a Comment