Monday, September 30, 2013

My (Most Recent) Favorite Thing

My Aaron bought me the most wonderful birthday gift (with a little hint and nudge).  It is a necklace with three special charms.


An inital.  The letter 'A' begins my name and the name of my best mate, Aaron.

A gem.  Each month has a stone/gem associated with it.  Though I was not born in the month of May, this month signifies the birth of a new chapter in life, marriage.  It is probably the most important chapter in life too.  So I recognize it by hanging a emerald gem around my neck.

A horseshoe.  Now you may be thinking 'lucky' and you are right.  The horseshoe does indeed have the tradition and superstition of luck.  But an upside-down horseshore means more to me.  Abigail Adams, wife of second president of the United States, believe her family had beem very fortunate and achieve considerable success.  She hung a horseshoe upside down over the front door of the family home, in effort that her family's good luck would spill upon visitors and enrich their lives for good.


The combination of these charms may appear as self-centered but it is not the case.  I love the reminder that I have a work to do - to keep my husband as my high priority (only second to God), continue to improve my marriage, and to share my good fortune with others through service and kindness.





No comments:

Post a Comment