Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ring Out Wild Bells

Here we are, the beginning of the new year.  I like the idea of a new year - new year, new start, new goals.

A new year is a great time to look back on what has been done in the past year.  2010 was certainly a year worth mentioning:
 - Graduated from Utah State University
 - Finished reading the Harry Potter series after starting it four years prior
 - Complete two internships - one with USU extension, and the other financial counseling at the Family Life Center on campus
 - Unforgettable Spring Break road trip to Reno for the WAC tournament and another great road trip with my greatest friends to Cali 
 - Received my first ever speeding ticket (I don't know if that was a proud moment, but it is something worth mentioning)
 - Moved across the country to New England
 - Began my "big girl" job working for a health insurance company

Wow - what a great year 2010 was!!  I seriously loved all the great things I was able to experience and accomplish.  But now looking into the future.  I have a feeling 2011 will be just as great, if not better!  Here are a couple of my resolutions for the new year:

1- <COMPLETE> Write resolutions down so I can review at the end of the year what I was supposed to accomplish (different then I have ever done in the past).  :)  Due: Jan 10, 2011 2- Spiritual - Read the New Testament along with Sunday School   Due: Dec. 31, 2011
3- Spiritual - Missionary opportunity (meaning having met with the missionaries) Due: May 1, 2011
4- Physical - Run the Applefest half marathon  Date: Oct. 1, 2011
5- Educational - Begin my group fitness license program  Date: Nov. 1, 2011
6- Financial - Open up my IRA and max it out  Due: Dec 31, 2011
7- Financial - Open up a savings account for a house with 5% of annual income saved  Due: Dec 31, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment