Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday, October 9, 2010


A group of friends from the ward gathered last Saturday morning for a favorite New England activity - Apple Picking.  You can find farms everywhere.  This time we went to Shelburne Farm in Stow, MA where I picked a peck of apples.  By the time we left the farm, I had my bag completely filled with Macintosh, Cortland, and Macoun apples, along with my pockets, and along with my belly (I ate 7 apples that morning)! And if that wasn't enough, we got cider and cider doughnuts from the little shop at the farm afterward.

It brought back lots of memories of home - picking apples from Uncle Elliot's trees, playing in the orchard, grandpa's garden, making grape juice with mom, leaves changing colors....

Apple number 5.... you have to taste them before you pick because you don't want to waste valuable space in your peck for gross apples!  Ha!


The Apple Picking Gang
Me, Courtney Hohl, Sarah H, Ty Turley

After picking apples we went to the Harvard Football game.... definitely different than Utah State football.
Crimson (their mascot - not much of one if you ask me) plays in a stadium that reminds me of the Colosseum in Rome.

Ty Turley and I sitting on the visitors side of the field - Cornell.
I was definitely more interested in the fans that come to watch Ivy League football then the game.  You should have seen 'em - no hoopin' and hollorin', just politely clapping.  Haha!

I closed the day with food!  $175 worth.  Yahoo, now I can go and make apple crisp, apple pie, apple turnovers, apple cider, and apple dumplings.

No comments:

Post a Comment